The Truth Leaked Out of City Hall
VLC TWEET has been noticed by the City of Saanich. A re-tweet below confirming adoption of 100% electric cars.
@LovemyLEAF Not yet, but Saanich adding 4 EVs (for total of 9) and Victoria adding 9 EVs. Hope to have them by January 2016.
There are also rumors to replace all “clean diesel” buses by BYD 100% electric buses, but this is not yet confirmed. However, other cities worldwide are already doing just that. The mayor of Paris has banned all diesel engine by 2020, and Scotland is going further to include all petrol cars. More details in the links below.
The writing is on the wall folks. Get rid of your polluting cars and get an EV. We in BC get a $5,000 grant to purchase an EV or $3250 from the BC “scrap-it” program.
- Paris plans to ban diesel cars
- London will follow Paris and ban diesel cars
- ‘Clean Air Zones’ in at least eight UK cities by 2020
- Scotland to Ban Petrol and Diesel Cars from City Centers by 2050
- Delhi High Court seeks report on steps taken to ban diesel cabs
- Starting July 1, coaches, buses, large trucks and other big diesel vehicles registered before September 2001 will be banned from driving in central Paris,