Sustainable Energy for Mars and China
Elon Musk: I have a good friend who says, “Creating a company and making it succeed is like eating glass and staring into the abyss.”
Elon Musk, someone who does not like to live a comfortably numb life, speaks about Tesla, sustainable energy and Mars at the Venture Forum in Hong Kong.
This latest video shows his unprecedented insight and thoughts that in the past have materialized into successful companies; Paypal, Tesla, Solar City and SpaceX.
- Tesla open-sourced its electrical vehicle patent model (6:30)
- Steering wheel will be an option in most future cars (18:15)
- Model X, details on falcon-wing doors, easy accessibility for parents with children (20:50)
- Submersible Tesla, a Tesla truck (24:20)
- SolarCity – solar can supply all energy needs for China – easy. (26:15)
- SpaceX – Elon Musk training to visit the international space station in 4-5 years (27:50)
- Manned mission to Mars by 2025 (31:24)
- Future ideas: Electric Aircrafts, Brain – Computer interface (37:00)
I believe this video lays out a future that is not only possible but inevitable.
Moderator: People want to be more like you.
Elon Musk: Really?
Elon Musk: I would advise people who want to start a company to have a high pain tolerance.
Enjoy your weekend.