Lucid Motors announces aggressive $60,000 base price for its luxury all-electric sedan
Fred Lambert, Electrek.co
March 15, 2017
When Lucid Motors announced its all-electric luxury sedan called ‘Air’, it was presented as a serious competitor to Tesla’s Model S, but we expected to be priced higher than Tesla’s flagship vehicle. It starts at $68,000 for a Model S 60 with 218 miles of EPA-rated range.
The startup is announcing today a more aggressive pricing structure than anticipated. The base version of the Air will start at $60,000 in the US before EV incentive for an estimated 240 miles of range.
The company made the announcement this morning claiming the “base price of $52,500”, but that’s when accounting for the $7,500 federal tax credit in the US.
They listed the features included with the base Lucid Air:
- 240-mile range
- 400 horsepower (rear-wheel drive)
- All hardware necessary for autonomous driving
- Huge interior space in an efficient package
- Two trunks, one in the front and one in the rear, with a combined storage capacity of over 32 cubic feet (similar to the volume of a 4-person hot tub)
- 12-way power front seats
- LED multi-lens array headlights
- Four screens, with interactive-touch surfaces on three
- 5-seat configuration with a rear bench seat
- 10 advanced airbags
- Aluminum roof
- 19-inch wheels
- 10-speaker audio system
- Over-the-air software updates