Electrify Canada, a division of Volkswagen Canada, has installed the first of nine DCFC chargers it will roll out this Summer in British Columbia.
The Merritt, BC location ( Canadian Tire, 2761 Forksdale Avenue ) is part of a chain of 13 fast chargers primarily linking Vancouver and Calgary along Highways 1, 97 and 99. Many of these are part of Electrify Canada’s current agreement to install DCFCs at 90 Canadian Tire locations across the country.
Each installation will feature up to 4 DCFC units capable of 150 – 300 kW charging from CHAdeMO and CCS plugs. Some locations will include additional Level 2 Chargers.
Installations are slated for 8 more BC locations over the next few months:
- Abbotsford – Canadian Tire, 32513 S. Fraser Way
- District of Hope – 349 Fort Street
- Golden – Golden Village Lodge, 1439 Lafontaine Road
- Kamloops South – Canadian Tire, 1441 Hillside Drive
- Kelowna – Canadian Tire, 1655 Leckie Road
- Revelstoke – Revelstoke Railway Museum, 719 Track Street W
- Salmon Arm – Canadian Tire, 300 1151-10th Avenue SW
- Squamish – Garibaldi Village, 40270 Glenalder Place