BC Climate Action Plan VEVC Consultations
Victoria EV Club recently consulted with other stakeholders for the BC’s Climate Leadership Team.
This conference was held Wednesday March 23 at 11:30 a.m. in downtown Victoria to discuss the following recommendations to be enacted by the federal and provincial governments.
- Increase charging stations to meet public demand, as well as an exemption to private charging station owners to charge for electricity providing the means of re-capture charging station investments.
- Reinstate charging station grants to home owners, condominiums and strata and commercial providers.
- Provide charging stations on street parking areas to allow apartment dwellers and the public a place to charge.
- Provide $50 million for a 25% solar system grant on private homes as well as all other sustainable energy upgrades.
- Replace all diesel and gas public transport buses and provincial government fleets, starting with our premier’s limousine, by electric ones
- Give awards to car dealers and sales associates for selling zero emission vehicles.
- Start educating our children from elementary school and higher grade levels and introduce a sustainable energy curriculum.
- Strive to achieve the Paris ZEV accord.